There are 10 videos in the above YouTube playlist covering the 6-piece up to 10-piece versions of the band and a wide range of styles. Tracks include: 1) 6-piece Variety demo 2) 10-piece version live at wedding in Santa Fe, NM 3) Widespread Panic Song, Tall Boy, Audio track 4) Live Wedding at Donovan Pavilion 5) Background Music, Audio Track 56) Variety Demo 2 7) Background Music, Audio Track 2 8) Variety Demo 3 9) Short Country Demo 10) Live Wedding at Pagosa Springs
From Bruno Mars to Widespread Panic to Frank Sinatra… you name it… with over 1400 songs in our catalog, we play your requests! From 6 up to 10 musicians and we travel throughout Colorado and nearby states. Inquire online (via the form to the right–>) or call us anytime.
Call anytime! 303.282.6460
~Spotlight Band Suggested Songlist- 01-18-17 (opens in Excel): This variety and dance band currently has over 1400 songs and will add your favorites to that list! The band plays pop, rock, dance, 80s, Motown, bluegrass, jam, hip-hop, salsa, jazz, oldies, swing, country and YOUR requests…
“Dear Spotlight Band, Just wanted to say thank you once again for playing at Colin & Kelsey R’s wedding! Your band is amazing and our family and friends are still talking about how much fun they had dancing at the reception! Thanks so much making my daughter’s wedding day so special. You guys rock!! Take care, Lisa S.”, Estes Park
From Bruno Mars to Widespread Panic to Frank Sinatra… you name it… we play your requests! From 6 up to 10 musicians and we travel throughout Colorado and nearby states. Inquire online (via the form to the right–>) or call us anytime.
Call anytime! 303.282.6460
~Spotlight Band Suggested Songlist- 01-18-17 (opens in Excel): This variety and dance band currently has over 1400 songs and will add your favorites to that list! The band plays pop, rock, dance, 80s, Motown, bluegrass, jam, hip-hop, salsa, jazz, oldies, swing, country and YOUR requests… Band Overview The Spotlight Band is Ad Hoc’ s premier dance/ variety band. This band has played hundreds of events to glowing reviews all over Colorado and nearby states. The band has over 1400 songs and will add your favorites to that list! Check out the Spotlight Band Suggested Songlist- 01-18-17. The Spotlight Band also welcomes your requests – whatever they may be! From Abba to Z.Z. Top… From Widespread Panic to Panic at the Disco, James Brown to Zac Brown, Frank Sinatra to Frankie Goes To Hollywood, Hank Williams to Pharrell Williams, Neil Young to Neil Diamond, From Michael Jackson to Jackson Browne, Interpol to Iggy Pop, Taylor Swift to James Taylor, Katy Perry to Chuck Berry, Pat Green to Green Day. They really will play whatever you want, just for you! This dynamic, versatile 6 to 10 piece group will get everybody on the dance floor. From pop and hip-hop to rock and blues to Motown and golden oldies to jam and jamgrass to swing, salsa and country, the Spotlight Band offers something for everyone. You’ll have grandma, little sis and all your guests on the dance floor with this energetic, entertaining group.
“First of all, I want to say that your cover band made our wedding what it was. You are all so talented and we couldn’t have asked for anything better. We had so many people come up to us to tell us how great the band was. Our friend Cliff told us it was the best live wedding band he has ever heard and I agree. Thanks for the great jam music. I almost felt like I was at a concert! You all were great!
-Heather, bride, Estes Park, CO
“Tell the band they were just fabulous: the sound, the music, the singing, the songs. Everyone was so pleased. We had dancers from under 2 to 90+!” -DeDe C., bride’s mom, Monarch, CO
“Thank you and the Spotlight Dance Band for a great experience – we had so much fun at the wedding! Best, -Lisa & Martin, Santa Fe, NM
“My one concern was for our wedding music and you guys went above and beyond any expectations I had. The “Buster” to “Antelope” was killer. Everyone had great things to say. Thanks for being so flexible and giving us a great day!”
-Ryan, Estes Park, CO
“Bing who was a guest at Justin and Miko’s Wedding on St. Patrick’s Day said to be sure to tell everyone, “This is absolutely the most bad-a$$ wedding dance band ever! I had a blast!”
-Bing, Tabernash, CO
“I just wanted to drop u a note and tell u thx!! everything was great! all of u did a wonderful job! everyone thought the band was great! thx again!”
-Wally B, Father of the Bride, Scottsbluff, NE
“Thank you so much for venturing to Steamboat and helping to make our wedding ceremony and wedding reception music so special. You all were incredible and helped make the wedding reception amazing. Everyone raved about you the entire evening and long afterwards. We have already recommended you to several people as well! You were a pleasure to work with and are all very talented musicians. Thank you again for being such an important part of our special day – we love the Spotlight Band!”
– Liz & Mark, Steamboat Springs, CO
“Your band is amazing!”
– Maria K., Denver, CO
“You guys “rocked”…David and I wanted to pop in to say thanks again for making our wedding reception music so amazing.
People are still talking about how GREAT the band was. We really appreciated all your enthusiasm and love for music. Thanks again!”
-Lisa & David E., Rapid City, SD
“The Spotlight Band was just the kind of wedding entertainment we needed. Everything went without a hitch. They were there, set up and ready to go ahead of schedule. I’ve known a few cover bands in my day, and believe me, that’s a biggie. They were everything I expected and more. This is a versatile, tight dance band for a wedding, capable of soft dinner music to hard-driving rock ‘n roll, and everything in between. The two-person version of the band (flute and guitar for the wedding ceremony music) even learned and played a song that I wrote for my bride as she walked down the aisle. That’s service! I highly recommend the Spotlight Band if you need a dance band for a wedding or corporate party.”
-Andrew M., Breckenridge, CO
“It was truly a pleasure meeting you and the Spotlight Band. I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for a job well done. Your ability to transition from cocktails to dinner and back to full dancing was spectacular! And I loved the effort above and beyond with the Swedish folk song. You have truly won my heart for future events. I look forward to working with you again in Breckenridge.”
-Michelle Bennewitz, Wedding & Event Planner
“You guys were awesome. I will be sure to recommend you to everyone and anyone. What a party band! We had a blast and I hope you had fun with us rowdy New Yorkers. Sorry I kept stealing the mic from you at the end. I was the happy and drunk bride! Thanks for everything.”
“Thank you all for making our wedding day unforgettable! We had such a wonderful time. You all were absolutely amazing! Thank you for spending so much time coordinating and making everything perfect. You guys were great. ;-)”
-Jared & Ashley
“The Spotlight Variety Band was our wedding reception band for our wedding in April of 2003, and we were very pleased with the job that they did. When we were looking for a live band for our wedding, we were on a budget and getting very discouraged at the prices many of the dance bands and variety bands were asking for. When we found The Spotlight Band, they were so affordable that we were initially worried that they were “too good to be true”. We definitely got more than we paid for!
The band has a very versatile and diverse play list including all the favorite wedding dance songs, and Matt Bassano worked with us to choose our “special” songs such as first dance, father-daughter dance, etc. He paid close attention to specific songs and types of wedding dance songs that we wanted and did not want to be played at the reception, and respected our wishes. Matt professionally worked with the hotel wedding coordinator to make sure that both set-up and the entire wedding reception went perfectly. The Spotlight Band was punctual, prepared, and looked very appropriate for the occasion. They sounded great at the reception, with some wonderful voices for the singing. We were definitely happy with them.
Matt also performed the traditional piano music for our wedding ceremony music, and we were equally pleased with his work there. He had excellent suggestions for us when we were uncertain as to our options, was professional at all times, and sounded very good.
I would not hesitate to recommend Matt Bassano and The Spotlight Variety Band if you need a live band for a wedding reception or other event.”
– Carolyn, Bride, Denver, CO
Spotlight did an absolutely fantastic job and I am so glad they enjoyed themselves too!
We had a ball and it was really nice that Matt allowed my friend Harwood to get up and sing and honored a few of our impromptu requests.
It really was a pleasure working with you all. I would highly recommend Ad Hoc and Spotlight Wedding Band to anyone.
-Hilary, Bride, Lyons, CO
“We just want to thank you and the band for doing such a fabulous job at our wedding. You were so wonderful, and all we got were compliments about how good you were. Hopefully we’ll be able to hear you play again in the future. Thanks again!”
-Rick & Sarah D., Denver, CO
“Fabulous job at our wedding! Thanks so much, everyone loved the variety band. We will be recommending the Spotlight Band for weddings of our friends.” – Peter & Gretchen, The Sanctuary, Sedalia
“I didn’t get a chance at the wedding reception but I wanted to thank you guys for the show you put on. You guys made the dance party rock! Thanks again for making our day that much more awesome!”
-Tim B, Steamboat Springs, CO
Top 10 Reasons the Spotlight Band Is The “Best Wedding Band Ever”!
If you are looking for a wedding dance band in Denver, Boulder, any Colorado mountain town, or in a nearby state, here’s why the Spotlight Band has been called the Best Wedding Dance Band in the Denver, Colorado area.
- You can choose the music you want to hear! Given sufficient advance notice, the Spotlight Band will play all of your requests. That’s right, all of them! As a cover band, the Spotlight Band, has the right set of musicians capable of playing a wide variety of music. In addition to disco, classical, jazz, Motown, rock, country, 80s, oldies and swing, they’ve played Swedish folk songs, songs from Broadway musicals, bluegrass, salsa, punk and jam bands like Widespread Panic and Phish…you name it, they can play it!
- You can have a wide variety of music… lovely, quiet dinner music at the appropriate volume for dinner; wedding dance songs of every sort, played as medleys to keep everybody dancing!
- You can have the band can split in half and play 2 places at once… let’s say that for cocktails the bar is in the ballroom but guests are also able to walk out on the lawn. They might put the keyboardist and sax player inside; the singer, guitarist, bass player and drummer outside… for nice, ambient music in both places.
- You can make sure the music keeps going… the band schedules breaks so that they only break when it’s appropriate so that your guests don’t start leaving early. For example, they might play dinner straight through without a break then take a break during toasts. They want to make sure you get your money’s worth! For example, they weren’t schedule to start playing at one wedding until after dinner but dinner ran an hour and a half late… so they played the remaining 2 and a half hours without a break. They’ll also play background for you during breaks. As a party band, the Spotlight Dance Band will keep the party going full blast!
- You can be assured there won’t be long breaks in between songs…it’s not as crucial during dinner, but during the dance portion during the wedding reception, you don’t want big breaks in the music as the band figures out what to play next. The band strings songs together into medleys so they don’t kill the dance groove – they’ll play 7 songs in a medley that lasts a half hour, then stop for 10 seconds to get ready for the next one.
- You can have members of the band play your wedding ceremony music… with musicians from the band. Choose from solo piano, classical guitar, piano and flute, guitar and flute, or add the singer on Ave Maria, The Wedding Song or another of your favorites.
- You can have the band leader Emcee your reception…Matt is a fun and upbeat Emcee who knows how to keep the wedding reception flowing smoothly with dignity and class, keeping people involved and having fun at the same time.
- You can rely on the band for their years of experience with weddings…as a dance band for hire, they play a lot of weddings, so they know what can go wrong and make sure it doesn’t. One wedding planner told the band afterwards, “The toasts were planned to go for a half an hour and after 10 minutes they were done. I was freaking out because I had told the band to take a break… I looked around and they were standing right behind me – whew!”
- You can have the sound customized just for you with additional instruments... add a violin for country music, a 3-piece horn section for swing, a conga player for salsa. They have lots of tried and true musicians who play with us and are ready to go to make sure you have the perfect wedding entertainment for your wedding reception! They can offer you plenty of wedding music ideas from playing hundreds of weddings, to make sure you have the time of your life.
- You can have varied music entertainment for your entire wedding…This band provides the perfect wedding entertainment for a very reasonable price. You can have a classical duo or trio for your ceremony music, the band split into two combos inside and outside for cocktails, nice quiet dinner music and a rockin’ dance party with the whole band, playing until the wee hours.
This awesome dance band plays wedding reception music and corporate party music at event venues throughout Colorado. They are the perfect live wedding reception band for your wedding reception entertainment and ceremony; and they are the perfect corporate entertainment for your company party or awards banquet in Denver, Boulder, Vail, Colorado Springs, Steamboat Springs, Keystone, Aspen, Estes Park, Monarch, and Telluride as well as surrounding states: Wyoming, South Dakota, Kansas, Nebraska and New Mexico. They have local references for most of these areas. The Spotlight Band has been especially popular for playing jam bands songs by request including songs by Widespread Panic, Phish, String Cheese Incident, and Yonder Mountain. They’ve taken requests for AC/DC, the Lumineers, Klezmer, Bruno Mars, Pharrell Wiliams, Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, Hip Hop, Motown, Salsa, Metallica, Snoop Dogg, Tim McGraw, Zach Brown Band, and songs like Happy, Sun Daze, Get Lucky, Turn Down For What, Enter Sandman, Party Rock Anthem, and Ballroom Blitz.